Collection: PBV Rent Calculation
NMA offers the first of its kind rent calculation course for the PBV program. This class applies whether you have standard or RAD PBV. Students will learn all aspects of rent calculation from what income to include and exclude to how to calculate tenant rent and HAP.
Upon completion of PBV Rent Calculation, you should be able to explain and apply HUD regulations and guidance to calculate tenant rent and housing assistance payment (HAP) for a family in the project-based voucher (PBV) program.
- Read and interpret form HUD-50058 and its accompanying instructions
- Identify and calculate annual income using 24 CFR part 5
- Recognize the qualifiers for the earned income disallowance (EID), identify the exclusion periods, and calculate the disallowance
- Identify assets and calculate income from assets based on 24 CFR part 5
- Calculate adjusted income by correctly applying the HUD-defined allowances and expenses
- Recognize the requirements for verification of income, allowances, and expenses
- Calculate the HAP and tenant rent for an PBV family using the utility allowance and gross rent
- Apply rent calculation skills to solve hands-on case studies
View the agenda for in-person classes
View the agenda for live web trainings
METHOD: A group-live seminar featuring PowerPoint, case studies, group discussion, course book, and Q&A
LENGTH: Three days
AUDIENCE: PBV property managers and quality control officers
PROGRAM LEVEL: Basic
ADVANCED PREPARATION: None
EXAM: The certification exam is available for $150. Select the exam during checkout or click here to view a list of certification exams available.
CREDITS: CPE units = 24.25, CEU units w/ exam = 2
REGISTER: Fill out the PDF registration form and fax to 619.258.5791. Or select the seminar you'd like to attend from the list of locations and dates below to order online.