Collection: PBV Rent Calculation
HUD issued implementation guidance for HOTMA sections 102 and 104 on Friday, September 29, 2023.
NMA is working quickly to update our classes for this new guidance. As of October 23rd, these classes will be updated for the latest HOTMA implementation notice.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
NMA offers the first of its kind rent calculation course for the PBV program. This class applies whether you have standard or RAD PBV. Students will learn all aspects of rent calculation from what income to include and exclude to how to calculate tenant rent and HAP.
Upon completion of PBV Rent Calculation, you should be able to explain and apply HUD regulations and guidance to calculate tenant rent and housing assistance payment (HAP) for a family in the project-based voucher (PBV) program.
- Read and interpret form HUD-50058 and its accompanying instructions
- Identify and calculate annual income using 24 CFR part 5
- Recognize the qualifiers for the earned income disallowance (EID), identify the exclusion periods, and calculate the disallowance
- Identify assets and calculate income from assets based on 24 CFR part 5
- Calculate adjusted income by correctly applying the HUD-defined allowances and expenses
- Recognize the requirements for verification of income, allowances, and expenses
- Calculate the HAP and tenant rent for an PBV family using the utility allowance and gross rent
- Apply rent calculation skills to solve hands-on case studies
View the agenda
STANDARD, NON-HOTMA AGENDA:
View the agenda for in-person classes
View the agenda for live web trainings
METHOD: A group-live seminar featuring PowerPoint, case studies, group discussion, course book, and Q&A
LENGTH: Three days
AUDIENCE: PBV property managers and quality control officers
PROGRAM LEVEL: Basic
ADVANCED PREPARATION: None
EXAM: The certification exam is available for $175. Select the exam during checkout or click here to view a list of certification exams available.
CREDITS: CPE units = 24.25, CEU units w/ exam = 2
Nan McKay & Associates is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Website: www.nasbaregistry.org. In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, CPE credits have been granted based on a 50-minute hour.
CPE Sponsor ID# 101539
REGISTER: Fill out the PDF registration form and email to email@example.com. Or select the seminar you'd like to attend from the list of locations and dates below to order online.