Collection: Effective Interviewing for Program Integrity
Successful error reduction strategies and fraud prevention begin with interviewing. This training provides the know-how to produce skilled, well-trained interviewing staff, utilize effective tools for communication and data collection, and create a standardized staff interviewing methodology. Throughout the training, you will examine hands-on case studies that illustrate topics such as conducting eligibility interviews, resolving discrepancies, asking the right questions to prevent fraud, collecting data, and using verification forms. The training allows attendees to identify key policy issues to reduce errors and prevent fraud.
Upon completion of the Effective Interviewing for Program Integrity training, you should be able to leverage a strong understanding of HUD regulations and guidance in order to:
- Identify the skills needed for interviewing effectively
- Learn a planned approach to interviewing
- Improve your listening skills
- Improve your questioning techniques:
- What makes one question better than another?
- What questions should you avoid?
- How do you bridge questions to gather maximum information?
- Deal more effectively with "zero-income" families
- Recognize the difference between a participant's "failure to report" and "fraud"
- Utilize interview tools and forms for program integrity
- Identify policy issues to improve program integrity
AGENDA: View the agenda
METHOD: A group-live seminar featuring PowerPoint, case studies, group discussion, course book, handouts, and Q&A
LENGTH: Two days
AUDIENCE: Occupancy staff, supervisors and directors of housing choice voucher and public housing programs, quality control staff, and anyone conducting tenant interviews
PROGRAM LEVEL: Basic
ADVANCED PREPARATION: None
EXAM: No exam
REGISTER: Fill out the PDF registration form and email to email@example.com. Or select the seminar you'd like to attend from the list of locations and dates below to order online.