Collection: HCV Executive Management
NMA's HCV Executive Management course is the only one available that incorporates the nation’s premier customer-focused federal change agent, the Baldrige Program. Baldrige developed the framework for performance excellence and manages the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award Program. We incorporated the Baldrige approach with the principles of practical housing choice voucher (HCV) program implementation to create a class that's ideal for commissioners, executive directors, HCV managers, and HCV supervisory staff.
Executive management training is an important investment in your leaders. In an era of budget cuts, the people who execute organizational strategies at housing authorities are uniquely positioned to help their agency be successful. Unfortunately, training for this group of individuals is often overlooked because business executives are busy trying to balance numerous priorities.
However, organizations simply cannot afford to put the training of their executives on the back burner. Well-trained executives enhance productivity, produce solid alignment between HCV functions, retain talented employees, and increase morale in the organization. The benefits of executive management training are measurable, and touch every aspect of the organization, including the bottom line.
This completely redesigned course examines the knowledge, skills, and abilities that leaders need to spark motivation, accomplish objectives, and demonstrate effective leadership. Participants gain a sense of confidence and a practical working knowledge that creates the alignment needed to achieve extraordinary results. This course will enable executive staff to become more productive by enforcing the skills needed to delegate tasks, make assertive decisions, and communicate clear expectations. Attendees will return to their agencies with spreadsheet tools that can be adapted immediately.
Because NMA's expertise in the subsidized housing industry spans almost fifty years, our executive management sessions are tailored to the unique culture, vision, mission and goals of housing authorities. Bring commissioners, the executive director, the HCV manager,and HCV supervisors to learn together so that new principles can be incorporated into the entire agency’s operation of the HCV program. Don’t miss this opportunity for positive change!
Upon completion of HCV Executive Management, you should have the skills needed to accomplish agency objectives, spark staff motivation, and demonstrate effective leadership.
- Recognize the general structure of a PHA and the legal and regulatory framework in which it exists
- Explain mission, vision, and culture, and the organizational chart, and how they relate to your everyday work and decisions
- Design a strategy map for your HCV program
- Write and implement goals for the HCV department
- Discuss the implementation of a leadership system with your director or the board
- Select the most effective staffing model and caseload for your agency
- Implement the set-up and tracking of funding and fees
- Design, manage and improve work systems and work processes to deliver customer value and achieve organizational success
- Write policy and procedures
- Create and implement a quality control program
- Tie performance measurement to performance standards
- Develop a problem response strategy and an implementation plan
- Implement the benefits of a flexible leadership style
- Match your leadership style to the developmental level of the employee
- Improve employee performance by utilizing the right amount of direction and support provided to employees
AGENDA: View the agenda
METHOD: A group-live seminar featuring PowerPoint, case studies, group discussion, course book, and Q&A
LENGTH: Five days
AUDIENCE: Executive directors, Section 8/HCV directors, Section 8/HCV supervisors, and analysts
PROGRAM LEVEL: High
PREREQUISITES: Basic knowledge of housing programs and management principles
ADVANCED PREPARATION: Completion of DiSC profile
EXAM: Registration includes the option for an online certification exam.
CREDITS: CPE units = 45, CEU units w/ exam = 3.75
Nan McKay & Associates is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Website: www.nasbaregistry.org. In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, CPE credits have been granted based on a 50-minute hour.
CPE Sponsor ID# 101539
REGISTER: Fill out the PDF registration form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or select the seminar you'd like to attend from the list of locations and dates below to order online.