Collection: HCV Occupancy
This is a core three-day training designed to help you meet HUD requirements for the daily case management and administration of all occupancy functions from voucher issuance and assistance through terminations.
Upon completion of the HCV Occupancy training, using HUD regulations and guidance, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the process of voucher issuance from discussion, case study, and narrative instruction
- Determine how subsidy standards affect voucher size
- Discuss mandatory and optional practices for voucher issuance, extensions, and suspensions
- Identify the family briefing requirements including oral briefing, briefing packet, and family responsibilities
- Understand the leasing process in its entirety through narrative instruction, a hands-on learning activities, discussion, and reading
- Discuss the mandatory and optional pieces of an owner’s lease
- Analyze the components of the tenancy addendum
- Discuss mandatory and optional disapproval of owner
- Analyze the components of the HAP contract
- Evaluate rent to owner using narrative instruction, calculation, and discussion
- Understand the application of maximum rent at initial occupancy
- Discuss different processes for determining rent reasonableness
- List and define annual activities through discussion and narrative instruction
- Determine PHA and family responsibilities regarding annual reexaminations and interim evaluations
- Discuss how PHA policy and HUD regulations affect moves
- Identify when inspections must occur and the mandatory pieces of these inspections
- Analyze reasons for terminations and the informal hearing process through discussion and narrative instruction
- Discuss the “musts” and the “mays” of termination in the HCV program
- Understand reasons for termination of HAP payments or contracts
- Understand reasons for informal hearings and how to conduct them
- Demonstrate knowledge of portability, the challenges it presents, and the expectations for housing authorities on both ends of the process through narrative instruction, a learning activity, review of form 52665, and discussion
- Identify restrictions on portability including the residency restriction and income limits
- Determine reasons to deny portability as well as improper denials and their consequences
- Identify and discuss the responsibilities of the family, IHA, and RHA through the portability process
- Discuss the proper billing schedule including consequences for violation of HUD billing guidelines
AGENDA: View the agenda
METHOD: A group-live seminar featuring PowerPoint, case studies, group discussion, course book, and Q&A
LENGTH: Three days
AUDIENCE: Occupancy specialists, HCV managers, and HCV supervisors
PROGRAM LEVEL: Basic
ADVANCED PREPARATION: None
EXAM: The certification exam is available for $150. Select the exam during checkout or click here to view a list of certification exams available.
CREDITS:CPE units = 21, CEU units w/ exam = 1.8
AVAILABLE IN SPANISH: This seminar is available in Spanish. Agencies who request this seminar in Spanish will receive a bilingual trainer and the PowerPoint presentation for the seminar in Spanish. Contact us for more information.
Este seminario esta disponible en español. Una agencia puede pedir este seminario en español y recibirá un entrenador bilingüe y la presentación de power point será en español. Comuníquese con nuestra oficina para más información.
REGISTER: Fill out the PDF registration form and fax to 619.258.5791. Or select the seminar you'd like to attend from the list of locations and dates below to order online.
April 18-20, 20235 AM PST / 8 AM ESTRegular price From $825.00 USDRegular priceUnit price / per