Collection: Multifamily Rent Calculation
The purpose of this training is to teach rent calculation for the multifamily housing industry and for PHAs who have RAD PBRA conversion properties.
Upon completion of Multifamily Rent Calculation, you will understand what is included in and excluded from annual income, how to identify and calculate income from assets, how to recognize and apply deductions to calculate adjusted income, and how to calculate total tenant payment (TTP). You will also recall the requirements for verification, and the importance of the Enterprise Income Verification (EIV) system for multifamily housing.
- Read and interpret forms HUD-50059 and HUD-50059A and their accompanying instructions
- Identify and calculate annual income using the HUD Handbook 4350.3, REV-1, Change 4
- Recognize the requirements for phasing out the earned income disallowance (EID), as it applies to RAD PBRA conversions
- Identify assets and calculate income from assets based on the HUD Handbook 4350.3, REV-1, Change 4
- Calculate adjusted income by correctly applying the HUD-defined allowances and expenses
- Recognize the requirements for verification of income, allowances, and expenses
- Identify the requirements for using the multifamily housing EIV system
- Calculate the TTP, tenant rent, and HAP, using the contract rent, utility allowance, and gross rent
- Calculate RAD PBRA rent phase-in
- Utilize knowledge to complete rent calculation quizzes
- Apply rent calculation skills to solve hands-on case studies
View the agenda for in-person classes
View the agenda for live web trainings
METHOD: A group-live seminar featuring PowerPoint, case studies, group discussion, course book, and Q&A
Three days for in-person training
Two days for live web training
AUDIENCE: Multifamily housing management agent staff, supervisors, and owners
PROGRAM LEVEL: Basic
ADVANCED PREPARATION: None
EXAM: The certification exam is available for $150. Select the exam during checkout or click here to view a list of certification exams available.
CREDITS: CPE units = 20.75, CEU units w/ exam = 1.7
REGISTER: Fill out the PDF registration form and fax to 619.258.5791. Or select the seminar you'd like to attend from the list of locations and dates below to order online.