NMA’s brand-new NSPIRE for HCV seminar covers everything you need to know about HUD’s new National Standards for the Physical Inspection of Real Estate (NSPIRE). Develop and master the skills needed to be an effective and efficient public housing inspector.
You’ll learn about the three new inspectable areas and about the similarities and differences between NSPIRE and HQS. Most importantly, you’ll also learn exactly how to read a standard and review each standard in detail with industry-leading inspections experts.
NOTE: This class does not cover NSPIRE for the Public Housing program.
- Review how NPSIRE was developed
- Compare and contrast NSPIRE and HQS
- Identify the inspectable areas under NSPIRE
- Describe the different health and safety determinations under NSPIRE
- Name the different types of inspections under NSPIRE
- Review the NSPIRE software
- Understand minimum habitability requirements
- Understand how to read a standard
- Identify and review each NSPIRE standard
METHOD: A group-live seminar featuring PowerPoint, group discussion, handouts, and Q&A
LENGTH: Three days
AUDIENCE: NSPIRE inspectors and supervisors
PROGRAM LEVEL: Basic
ADVANCED PREPARATION: None
EXAM: The certification exam is available for $150. Select the exam during checkout or clickhere to view a list of certification exams available.
REGISTER: Fill out the PDF registration form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or select the seminar you'd like to attend from the list of locations and dates below to order online.