Collection: Public Housing Occupancy
Public Housing Occupancy is designed to assist staff in correctly applying HUD regulations to all aspects of public housing tenancy and daily case management.
Upon completion of Public Housing Occupancy, you should be able to explain and apply HUD regulations and guidance to all aspects of public housing tenancy and daily case management.
- Recognize and apply key program documents such as the admissions and continued occupancy policy (ACOP), the PHA annual and five-year plans, and the public housing lease
- Apply HUD requirements regarding fair housing, reasonable accommodation, and VAWA to public housing program operations
- Determine how to prepare for lease-up, including conducting resident orientations and inspections
- Analyze and describe the processes associated with annual activities
- Explain and discuss the rules regarding service animals, assistance animals, and pets in public housing
- Discuss the mandatory and the discretionary policy decision points for terminations and evictions
- Explain and discuss the procedures and requirements for informal settlements and grievance hearings
- Describe and explain the basic provisions of the Public Housing Assessment System (PHAS), including each of the major indicators
- Develop strategies for working with residents
View the agenda for in-person classes
View the agenda for live web trainings
METHOD: A group-live seminar featuring PowerPoint, case studies, group discussion, course book, and Q&A
LENGTH: Three days
AUDIENCE: Occupancy specialists, property managers, and public housing supervisors
PROGRAM LEVEL: Basic
ADVANCED PREPARATION: None
EXAM: The certification exam is available for $150. Select the exam during checkout or click here to view a list of certification exams available.
CREDITS:CPE units = 21, CEU units w/ exam = 1.8
AVAILABLE IN SPANISH: This seminar is available in Spanish. Agencies who request this seminar in Spanish will receive a bilingual trainer and the PowerPoint presentation for the seminar in Spanish. Contact us for more information.
Este seminario esta disponible en español. Una agencia puede pedir este seminario en español y recibirá un entrenador bilingüe y la presentación de power point será en español. Comuníquese con nuestra oficina para más información.
REGISTER: Fill out the PDF registration form and fax to 619.258.5791. Or select the seminar you'd like to attend from the list of locations and dates below to order online.