Collection: Public Housing Specialist
This public housing training allows you to learn three NMA seminars—eligibility, rent calculation, and occupancy—in one week! Instead of three separate certification exams, one exam at the end of the training allows participants to get high-quality, up-to-date training on all three topics.
Upon completion of Public Housing Specialist, you should be able to explain and apply HUD regulations and guidance to determining eligibility, the intake process, occupancy, and rent calculation in the public housing program.
- Identify and explain key program components
- Describe factors of eligibility, waiting list requirements, and preferences
- Explain and discuss occupancy standards in the public housing program
- Describe and explain the process of unit offers
- Describe the various aspects of the leasing process and analyze the required provisions of the public housing lease, including requirements and restrictions for pets
- Analyze and describe the processes associated with annual and interim activities, including requirements for community service
- Describe and analyze reasons for terminations and the grievance process
- Read and interpret form HUD-50058 and its accompanying instructions
- Identify and calculate annual income
- Identify assets and calculate income from assets
- Calculate adjusted income by correctly deducting HUD-defined allowances and expenses from annual income
- Recognize the requirements for verification of income, allowances, and expenses
- Calculate total tenant payment and tenant rent
- Calculate prorated rent for mixed families
View the agenda for in-person classes
View the agenda for live web trainings
METHOD: A group-live seminar featuring PowerPoint, case studies, group discussion, course book, and Q&A
LENGTH: Five days
AUDIENCE: All public housing staff and supervisors
PROGRAM LEVEL: Basic
ADVANCED PREPARATION: None
EXAM: Registration includes certification exam. Please select either an in-class or online certification exam when ordering.
CREDITS: CPE units = 39, CEU units w/ exam= 3.3
AVAILABLE IN SPANISH: This seminar is available in Spanish. Agencies who request this seminar in Spanish will receive a bilingual trainer and the PowerPoint presentation for the seminar in Spanish. Contact us for more information.
Este seminario esta disponible en español. Una agencia puede pedir este seminario en español y recibirá un entrenador bilingüe y la presentación de power point será en español. Comuníquese con nuestra oficina para más información.
REGISTER: Fill out the PDF registration form and fax to 619.258.5791. Or select the seminar you'd like to attend from the list of locations and dates below to order online.