Collection: Self-Sufficiency Service Coordination
Provide self-sufficiency staff with the tools to understand just what it takes to assist a family in moving to economic and housing stability. This 3-day training can teach you the FSS basics, including a variety of topics such as essential steps in case management, key housing and economic self-sufficiency strategies, community collaboration, problem solving, crisis management, resources and referrals, creative FSS and ROSS programs, program assessment, and case studies.
Upon completion of Self-Sufficiency Service Coordination, you should be able to explain and apply HUD regulations and guidance in order to successfully design and manage a family self-sufficiency program.
- Define self-sufficiency and determine the self-sufficiency standard in your community
- Describe and apply the phases, stages, and steps in case management
- Evaluate participant, program, and community needs
- Recognize the role of case management in a broad range of disciplines
- Describe the role of planning in case management
- Identify the purpose and elements of assessing strengths and needs
- Identify and coordinate resources and referrals
- Recognize how to monitor progress toward goals
- Practice active listening and other participant-centered techniques
- Recognize how to assess and respond to a crisis
- Recognize the mandate of the self-sufficiency programs to coordinate with local resources
- Evaluate and apply best practices design of a self-sufficiency program
View the agenda for in-person classes
View the agenda for live web trainings
METHOD: A group-live seminar featuring PowerPoint, case studies, group discussion, course books, worksheets, and Q&A
LENGTH: Three days
AUDIENCE: FSS and ROSS coordinators, FSS and ROSS managers, FSS and ROSS case managers, and supervisors of these staff
PROGRAM LEVEL: Intermediate
PREREQUISITES: Basic knowledge of the FSS program
ADVANCED PREPARATION: None
EXAM: The certification exam is available for $175. Select the exam during checkout or click here to view a list of certification exams. Please note this class does not offer an in-class exam. An online exam option is available.
CREDITS: CPE units = 24, CEU units w/ exam = 2.1
REGISTER: Fill out the PDF registration form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or select the seminar you'd like to attend from the list of locations and dates below to order online.