Collection: Supervision and Management
We conducted a number of focus groups, asking our customers what was most important to them in a supervision workshop. Supervisors told us they wanted a workshop that focused on building skills and abilities. Based on their feedback, we’ve revised the Supervision and Management seminar to highlight exercises, learning activities, and group work that build skills and enable learners to self-assess styles, strengths, and goals.
This training covers all the essential functions of supervision, including staffing, managing employee performance problems, delegation, setting and managing to expectations, quality control, and team management. The course material delves into challenging aspects of supervision such as managing difficult employees, giving feedback, working well with one’s boss, and collaboration. Each learner will develop a personal plan for continued success to bring back to their workplace.
Upon completion of the Supervision and Management training, using HUD regulations and guidance, you should be able to:
- Identify your roles and functions as a supervisor in a PHA
- Understand the knowledge, skills, and competencies needed for successful supervision
- Integrate the PHA's vision, mission, and goals in effective supervision
- Identify the criteria for effective job descriptions, performance standards, and training
- Apply principles and steps in effective time management, motivation, delegation, decision-making
- Understand effective response to employee performance problems, conflict, and crisis situations
- Apply laws, regulations, and policy to avoid discriminatory actions and minimize liability
- Identify the elements of a quality control system in supervision
In addition, you will be able to recognize effective techniques for:
- Communicating to both the team and individuals verbally, in writing, and in meetings
- Managing diversity and avoiding discrimination
- Coaching employees
- Assessing performance problems to identify appropriate action
- Conducting performance evaluations
View the agenda for in-person classes
View the agenda for live web trainings
METHOD: A group-live seminar featuring PowerPoint, case studies, group discussion, course book, and Q&A
LENGTH: Three days
AUDIENCE: Frontline supervisors, middle managers, and executive managers; learners new to supervising staff and seasoned managers seeking to improve target skills; managers seeking to establish a quality supervisory management environment at the PHA to achieve business objectives
PROGRAM LEVEL: Basic
ADVANCED PREPARATION: None
EXAM: The certification exam is available for $150. Select the exam during checkout or click here to view a list of certification exams available.
CREDITS: CPE units = 22, CEU units w/ exam= 1.2
REGISTER: Fill out the PDF registration form and fax to 619.258.5791. Or select the seminar you'd like to attend from the list of locations and dates below to order online.