HCV and Public Housing Products
NMA's Owner's Handbook is designed to answer prospective Section 8 property owner questions about their role in the housing choice voucher (HCV) program.
This handbook includes:
- An overview of the HCV program and owner benefits
- Owner responsibilities and relationships within the HCV program
- How to become a participating landlord
- HQS inspections and requirements
- HUD-required annual activities
- An overview on nondiscrimination compliance, reasonable accommodation and modification
- Owner obligations to the PHA
- Information on terminations by an owner, by the PHA, and restrictions on terminations
- A comprehensive glossary of HCV program terms
- Sample HUD program forms
Reduce owner misunderstandings and encourage more landlords to partner with your PHA with this invaluable tool!